Celebrate the Queen’s 94th Birthday and Help Support the English-Speaking Union
You can celebrate the Queen's Birthday and support the ESU by posting a creative photo of you hosting a tea party on Facebook or Instagram (even a party of one) and a short birthday greeting to the Queen! For every photo posted on Facebook or Instagram, President Dr. Quinn Peeper and Chairman Dr. Paul Beresford-Hill will each donate $100 per entry for the first 100 entries! This means that each post with #esuteadrive donates $200 to the ESU! We are grateful to Quinn and Paul for their support at this time. Please help us raise much-needed funds to support our programs and students.
- Photos should be in high resolution and include a short birthday greeting to the Queen
- Posts should include hashtag #esuteadrive
- Photos should be creative with a tea party theme yet keeping social distancing in mind
- Please feel free to submit 3 photos per entry
- Contest will close on Monday, June 1st. The winner will be selected by Saturday, June 13th. The winning photo and message to the Queen will be sent to Buckingham Palace at that time.
- A selection of photos will appear in the ESU's Centennial Remembrance Album scheduled for release at the end of 2020
- Winner will receive an Amazon gift card
Click here to view our Facebook post
Click here to view our Instagram post
Image Guidelines and Suggestions
Recommended Camera Settings
- Camera phone should be set to RAW
- Image size should be 9 x 14 or 14 x 9 at 300 dpi
Image Perspective, Focus and Lighting Suggestions
- Straight on shot of setting featuring tea pot
- Setting should be a detail shot with items closer together, not pulled back too far.
- Sharp focus
- Camera set to RAW and portrait mode
- Setting in bright light
- Provide at least 1 image vertical and 1 image horizontal
Setting and Styling Ideas (see above photos)
- Shot should be just as you would set it for guests. In addition to Tea set, could include:
- Flowers in small vases
- Cookies, pastries, scones, tea cakes, tea sandwiches
- Tea accouterments, spoons, pressed linens and napkins
- Lemons and other fruits, etc.
- A pretty invite
As reminder, when you post your photo on your Facebook and/or Instagram, use the tag #esuteadrive with your short birthday greeting to the Queen. This is key as it will identify your post and include it in the contest.
Return to News & Events