Nation's Capital Debate League
Welcome to the
Nation's Capital Debate League!
2017-2018 School Year
- October 21, 2017: Sidwell Friends School (3825 Wisconsin Ave., Washington, DC 20016) Register here
- December 9, 2017: Rocky Run Middle School
- February 3, 2018: Norwood School
- March 17, 2018: Rachel Carson Middle School
- May 5, 2018 (tentative): Championship Tournament
- May 26, 2018: City Championship at George Washington University
Debate Topics for October 21:
- Ending net neutrality is good for America.
- Students should be allowed to film/record their instructors without permission.
- Expansion of section 8 vouchers does more good than harm.
- The federal government should withhold funds for sanctuary cities.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
Teaching Debate and Argumentation
More information coming soon.
NOTE: to judge, you must attend training. This includes current high school debaters and former NCDL debaters. You do not have to attend the training more than once.
May 5, 2018
- Longfellow Middle School (Falls Church)
- Norwood School (Bethesda)
- NYSMITH School (Herndon)
- Pyle Middle School (Bethesda)
- Rachel Carson Middle School (Herndon)
- Rocky Run Middle School (Chantilly)
- The Lowell School (Washington, D.C.)
- Westland Middle School (Bethesda)
- Woods Academy (Bethesda)
- Sidwell Friends School (Washington, D.C.)
- Navy Elementary School (Fairfax)
- Potomac School (McLean)
- Georgetown Day School (Washington, D.C.)
- St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School (Washington, D.C.)
- St. Mark Catholic School (Vienna)