Nation's Capital Debate League
Welcome to the
Nation's Capital Debate League!
2016-2017 School Year
- October 22, 2016 - Sidwell Friends School (Washington, DC)
- November 19, 2016 - George Washington University (Washington, DC)
- February 4, 2017 - Norwood School (Bethesda, MD)
- March 11, 2017 - Rachel Carson (Herndon, VA)
- mid April - May 2017 (City Championship Tournament, George Washington University)
- May 6, 2017 (tentative) - Regional Championship
Topics for November 19 Tournament
- Western governments have a moral obligation to resettle refugees.
- US Representatives and Senators should have term limits.
- The Affordable Care Act has done more good than harm.
- Self-driving cars are a public safety hazard.
Teaching Debate and Argumentation
Judge training before October 22 Tournament at Sidwell will be held on Tuesday, October 18 from 7 - 8:15 pm. More information coming soon.
NOTE: to judge, you must attend training. This includes current high school debaters and former NCDL debaters. You do not have to attend the training more than once.
National Championship Tournament
May 6, 2017 (tentative)
- Longfellow Middle School (Falls Church)
- Norwood School (Bethesda)
- NYSMITH School (Herndon)
- Pyle Middle School (Bethesda)
- Rachel Carson Middle School (Herndon)
- Rocky Run Middle School (Chantilly)
- St Louis Catholic School (Alexandria)
- Takoma Park Middle School (Silver Spring)
- The Lowell School (Washington D.C.)
- Westland Middle School (Bethesda)
- Woods Academy (Bethesda)
- Sidwell Friends School (Bethesda)
- Navy Elementary School (Fairfax)