No purchase necessary.
The TLab Giveaway ("Giveaway") is subject to these Official Rules except as expressly stated otherwise. The Giveaway sponsor is English in Action, The English-Speaking Union of the United States ("Sponsor"). The Sponsor's decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Giveaway. The sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Giveaway at any time without any obligation or prior notice to participants.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Giveaway is open to residents of the United States (not including residents of Rhode Island), who are lawful US residents, are 25 years of age or older at the time of Giveaway entry, and who are current K-12 teachers or educators, or college or university faculty. Employees of Sponsor (and officers, directors, agents, and representatives thereof), advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration, or fulfillment of the Giveaway, and their immediate families, are ineligible to participate in the Giveaway. Entrants' rights and responsibilities may vary by jurisdiction.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD. The Giveaway starts on January 5, 2018 at 9:01 a.m. EST and ends on February 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST ("Giveaway Period").
3. HOW TO ENTER. Registration for the Giveaway is online only. Follow the Giveaway instructions and use the following form located at www.esu-tlab.org/giveaway to enter.
No other methods of participating in the Giveaway will be accepted. Only one entry form per natural person is permitted.
All entries for the Giveaway must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on February 16, 2018 according to the computer time on Sponsor's server ("Entrants"). Entrants must provide a valid email address. Incomplete, corrupt or inactive email address entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, inactive or corrupted entries. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrants' sole remedy is to submit another entry from during the Giveaway Period. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entrants discovered entering under several names or in any way attempting to tamper with the fair play of the Giveaway will be disqualified. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry form cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry form will be deemed ineligible.
4. ODDS. The odds of winning the Giveaway depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION. On or about five (5) calendar days after the end of the Giveaway Period ("Drawing Date"), one (1) Giveaway winner ("Winner") and three (3) Giveaway alternate entrants ("Alternate Entrants") will be selected at random, and identified in order, by a representative of the Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the Drawing Date.
The Winner will be notified via the email address provided on the Winner's entry form (the "Notice"). The Winner is required to respond to the Notice via email within seventy-two (72) hours of the Notice being sent ("Time Period"). Failure to respond to the notification within the Time Period will result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor will select the first Alternate Entrant. The Notice will include a declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release ("Release"). The first and last name, occupation, hometown, and photograph of the Winner, may be published in Sponsor's publication(s) and marketing materials and on its website(s), including without limitation English in Action's e-newsletters, messages to the English-Speaking Union community, and/or the esuus.org website and social media sites. The Winner will be required to complete and return the Release Time Period. Alternate Entrants will be selected in order if the original Winner (i) cannot be reached, (ii) fails to return the completed Release within the Time Period, or (iii) cannot accept or receive the Prize (defined below) for any reason. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the Winner, each entry form will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. The Winner is required to show proof of eligibility upon request.
6. PRIZE. The Winner will receive one (1) free tuition to TLab's July 15-21, 2018 University of Oxford course, The Story and Future of English ("Prize"). The Prize includes accommodation in Worcester College in a single room with an en-suite bathroom, half board (breakfast and dinner), and all excursions (including admission fees) featured in The Story and Future of English course schedule located at www.esu-tlab.org (schedule subject to change). The Prize does not include travel to and from Oxford or travel insurance while at Oxford.
Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of prize: USD $2,750.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS. The Winner is not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of the Prize and stated ARV, and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of the Prize shall be provided. If the Winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion thereof for any reason or if the Sponsor cancels the course for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Winner. No part of the Prize is redeemable for cash, regardless of reason. The Winner will receive instructions via email regarding details for registering and participating in The Story and Future of English course. All activities related to the Prize are undertaken at the Winner's own risk and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities.
The winner agrees to send daily updates, including photographs if possible, while participating in the course for use in the Sponsor's website, social media channels and emails. The winner also agrees to send a recap of their course experience to the Sponsor after the course.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. The Giveaway is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Giveaway or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Giveaway may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor's opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond the Sponsor's control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Giveaway.
9. CONDITIONS. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from the Giveaway will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and the Winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Entrants' rights and responsibilities may vary by jurisdiction. Except where prohibited by law, the Winner's entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use the Winner's photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, name and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Giveaway on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, the Winner agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor's decisions and waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. The Winner also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any Prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the Prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the Prize, or (iv) participation in any Giveaway-related activity or participation in the Giveaway. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, bugs, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Prize, or from participation in the Giveaway; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Giveaway.
10. DISPUTES. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or the Giveaway are governed by New York law. All Entrants consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of New York for the resolution of any and all disputes arising out of or relating to the Giveaway or Prize.
12. WINNER AND GIVEAWAY RULES. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or the name of the Winner within ninety (90) calendar days of the end of the Giveaway Period, send your request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to TLab Giveaway, The English-Speaking Union of the United States, 144 East 39th Street, New York, NY 10016, USA.