TLab: Travel and Learn Abroad
These two- to six-week TLab courses are designed for educators and engaged learners of literature, drama, or history. A competitive scholarship program is also available to classroom teachers.
To apply to a Scholarship Program
Please complete the following steps:
Contact Holly Kiely at email@example.com.
Start your application HERE to be considered for the Atlanta TLab Scholarship! Deadline is February 1
Scholar is responsible for travel costs, although the Atlanta Branch will provide up to $1,600 for overseas travel.
We want each applicant to fully understand the requirements of accepting a summer-study scholarship; therefore, below is additional information for the applicant's consideration.
- The Scholarship covers tuition, room and board at the accepted institution.
- Scholars will pay for transportation costs, although the Atlanta Branch will provide up to $1,600 to offset overseas travel costs.
- Scholars are responsible for any incidental expenses, including weekend travel costs.
- The Scholarship is offered only to high school educators in the greater Atlanta metro area which includes: Clayton, Cherokee, Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett counties.
- Successful applicants must have completed at least four years of full-time teaching in one of the areas in which the scholarships are offered.
- The scholar's role, in addition to being a student, is to be an ambassador for both the English-Speaking Union and the teaching profession.
- The successful applicant will sign a contract with the ESU Atlanta Branch wherein they agree to repay the entire scholarship amount if for any reason she/he fails to fulfill the entire course of study.
- The successful applicant is expected to attend an ESU Atlanta Branch meeting and offer a short presentation highlighting her or his summer experience.
- Each successful applicant is expected to become an active member in the ESU Atlanta Branch.
- Shakespeare's Globe Scholarship recipients are expected to be actively involved at the ESU Atlanta Branch Shakespeare Competition scheduled for a Sunday in February 2020.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for applicable taxes, if there are any.