Study Abroad. Return Home Inspired!
Teachers, educators, lifelong learners: Study in the UK and have an unforgettable educational experience!
Our English in Action-TLab programs will transport you to the famed campuses of England and Scotland where you will attend real classes with top professors at the University of Oxford, the University of Edinburgh, Shakespeare's Globe Theater, and the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust.
The ESU Central Florida will award scholarships to a secondary school teachers of English, humanities, or social studies to engage in one of our longer courses of two to three weeks of formal study with the following TLab-UK programs:
1. Review scholarship qualifications:
a. Must work as an educator in Orange, Osceola, or Seminole county.
b. Applicants must have completed at least four years of full-time teaching in one of the areas in which the scholarships are offered
c. Applicants intend to remain in the classroom for three years in the Central Florida area following their scholarship experience
2. Complete the 2018 ESU Central Florida Branch Scholarship Application by midnight, January 5, 2018.
3. Candidates may be invited to interview on January 20, 2018
4. Successful applicants must attend a scholarship award ceremony on Febraury 25, 2018
5. Scholars attending "Teaching Shakespeare Through Performance" at Shakespeare's Globe in summer 2018 must participate in the ESU Central Florida Branch National Shakespeare Competition on February 26, 2018
6. Scholars must subsequently present on their summer 2018 experiences at an ESU Central Florida Branch meeting on November 12, 2018
The ESU celebrates English as a shared language to foster global understanding and good will by providing educational and cultural opportunities for students, educators, and members.
To find out more about our programs click here.