Region VIII Meeting
REGION VIII MEETING
May 20-22, 2016
Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown
401 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
The Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown recently completed an $11 million renovation of the hotel, all guestrooms and suites. A climate-controlled sky bridge connects guests to luxurious amenities with charging privileges at the Brown Palace Hotel. Walk to the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall, cultural, entertainment and sports venues. Concessions include complimentary Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and public space; complimentary breakfast for all guests; complimentary use of the Fitness Center; and 15% discount at the Ship Tavern. Valet parking is available at $35.00 per day for 24-hours with in and out privileges for overnight guests.
Reservations before April 27, 2016 receive a special ESU rate:
$189/night (plus 14.75% tax)
Call 1-877-834-3613 or click the link below:
Region VIII 2016 Conference Reservations - Denver
The meeting registration fee of $150 includes:
- Reception Friday evening, May 20, 5:30 to 7:30 pm, at the Denver Athletic Club, including a variety of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar.
- Meeting Saturday morning, May 21, beginning at 9 am with the Denver Branch Board meeting, followed at 10 am by the opening Region VIII session, including coffee, tea, bagels and muffins.
- Banquet Saturday evening, May 21, at the Denver Country Club, with Evelyn Wrench Speaker Paul Edmondson Ph.D., Head of Education at the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust in Stratford-upon-Avon; cash bar 6:30 pm, dinner 7 pm, and program 8 pm.
- Region VIII Annual General Meeting Sunday morning, May 22, 10 am, including coffee, tea, bagels and muffins.
Denver Country Club Denver Athletic Club
Optional Denver Art Museum lunch and tour Saturday afternoon, May 21:
- Not included in the registration fee.
- Lunch at Palettes, 1 pm, order from the menu (www.ktrg.net/palettes/).
- Denver Art Museum Tour, 2 pm, led by Denver Branch member docent, Mary McLean; non-member admission $13 for adults, $10 for seniors (65+).
- A special exhibit, Samurai (Armor from the Ann and Gabriel Barbier-Mueller Collection) will not be part of the tour but 3 pm tickets can be purchased (denverartmuseum.org/exhibitions/samurai).
- Discounts may be available through agreements with other museums; see the Denver Art Museum list of participating museums and check with your local museum (denverartmuseum.org/reciprocal-privileges).
The Denver Athletic Club and the Denver Art Museum are within walking distance of the hotel. Denver Branch members will provide rides to the Denver Country Club.
Connecting Denver to the World!
The Regional Transportation District, providing bus and rail service to the Denver metro area, offers a new rail line starting April 22, with easy, affordable and reliable connections between Denver International Airport and Union Station in downtown Denver. The fare is $9 each way, the travel time is 37 minutes, and trains run every 15 minutes.
We look forward to seeing you in Denver!