Nation's Capital Debate League
Welcome to the
Nation's Capital Debate League!
2017-2018 School Year
Debate Topics for May 26 Tournament:
- Cryptocurrencies do more good than harm.
- The current proposal for a mixed-use development should be built on the McMillian Sand Filtration Site in Washington, D.C. (debate both sides of this topic)
- Impromptu topic (same rules as the last time)
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
Teaching Debate and Argumentation
More information coming soon.
NOTE: to judge, you must attend training. This includes current high school debaters and former NCDL debaters. You do not have to attend the training more than once.
- Longfellow Middle School (Falls Church)
- Norwood School (Bethesda)
- NYSMITH School (Herndon)
- Pyle Middle School (Bethesda)
- Rachel Carson Middle School (Herndon)
- Rocky Run Middle School (Chantilly)
- The Lowell School (Washington, D.C.)
- Westland Middle School (Bethesda)
- Woods Academy (Bethesda)
- Sidwell Friends School (Washington, D.C.)
- Navy Elementary School (Fairfax)
- Potomac School (McLean)
- Georgetown Day School (Washington, D.C.)
- St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School (Washington, D.C.)
- St. Mark Catholic School (Vienna)