ESU Celebrates 2018 British Gala
Brits International, a Kansas City-based non-profit organization, is hosting their 6th Annual British Gala KC. All ESU members and Friends of ESU are welcome to attend this one-day festival of all-things-British!
The ESU Kansas City Branch will have an information table at the British Gala so be sure to stop by and say hello to our ESU volunteers! Bring your family and friends as there is something for all ages!
Date: Saturday, May 19, 2018
Time: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Location: Ararat Shrine Temple
5100 Ararat Drive
Kansas City, Mo.
Click here for map
Admission: Adults: $5.00
Children under age 10: Free
Parking: Free parking for 250 cars
- Shop for a variety of British gift items
- British Car and Motorcycle on display including Land Rover Discovery, Jaguar XJS, Jaguar S Type, BSA motorcycle, Austin Mini, BMW Mini and Triumph Spitfire
- The Kansas City Renaissance actors, including the King and Queen, will be wandering throughout the British Gala. You can have your picture taken with the King and Queen! They'll also be giving away coupons for the 2018 KC Renaissance Festival.
- A wide variety of British food including:
- Afternoon Tea. No reservations required but limited seating so arrive early.
- Cornish Pasty Lunches served from 11am-2pm. Click here to read about the menu for the Cornish Pasty Lunch and to reserve one as it is prepared onsite and quantities are limited. $10 per person.
- Homemade British sausage rolls, Scotch Eggs, meat pies, and trifle
- And much more!
- The British Gala will have a Tombola. A Tombola is a British game in which people pick out ticket from a revolving drum and certain tickets win prizes. All monies raised from the Tombola will go to the Shriner charities.
Click here for a full list of activities for the day.
Yes, May 19 is also the day of the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. There will be TVs at the British Gala so everyone can watch the ceremony live at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.
This is a fun event so bring the whole family. There will be fun activities for the kids. We look forward to seeing you at our ESU booth.
Return to News & Events