2018-2019 ESU National Shakespeare Competition: Tucson Branch
The 36th Annual ESU National Shakespeare Competition: Tucson Branch will take place on March 2nd, 2019 at 9:00 AM at the Marroney Theatre.
- The deadline for area schools to register is December 15th, 2018. Register your school with the ESU in order to participate in the competition. Click School Participation Form and create an account. You are not guaranteed participation in the program unless you register your school.
- Hold your school competition by February 15th.
- Students must select their monologues from the 2019 Monologue Packet provided by the ESU. No alterations may be made to the monologues. They must be performed as written in the packet. View Rules and Eligibility.
- School competitions: If fewer than 15 students participate, select 1 student to represent your school at the branch competition. If 15 or more students participate, select 2 students. Please contact us if you are a new or very small school, as we will allow 1 student participant to represent your school if you have at least 3 competitors in your competition.
- Within one week of your school competition, complete the School Winner Entry Form.
- ALSO send your school winner/s' names (as they should appear on the program), and a copy of their monologue with their name, play, act and scene in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Please send this information to both Tucson Branch representatives: Kerry Demers at email@example.com and Jerry Helm at firstname.lastname@example.org. 8112 N. Midnight Way, Tucson, AZ 85741. Jerry: 520-975-2437.
- February 20th is the deadline for all forms (Rodeo Vacation is February 22nd-23rd). If you are waiting on Photo Release Forms with parent signatures please send all other information by February 20th when we will create the order of performance using a random number generator.
- The ESU National Shakespeare Competition: Tucson Branch will take place on March 2nd, 2019 at 9:00 AM at the Marroney Theatre; The University of Arizona School of Theatre, Film & Television, Tucson, AZ 85719. The winner of your school competition must select one of Shakespeare's sonnets from the 2019 Sonnet Packet to recite in addition to their monologue. View Rules and Eligibility.