The English-Speaking Union National Shakespeare Competition 2018-2019
2018-2019 ESU National shakespeare competition: Tucson branch
The 36th Annual ESU National Shakespeare Competition: Tucson Branch will take place on March 2nd, 2019 at 9:00 AM at the Marroney Theatre. The deadline for area schools to register is December 15th, 2018. The deadline for area schools to hold their competition is February 15th, 2019. Contact Kerry Demers at email@example.com.
- Students must select their monologue from the 2019 Monologue Packet provided by the ESU. No alterations may be made to the monologues. They must be performed as written in the packet.
- Please complete the School Participation Form by December 15th, 2018 and send the $25.00 fee to Jerry and Kay Helm: firstname.lastname@example.org. 8112 N. Midnight Way, Tucson AZ 85741; Jerry: 520-975-2437; Kay: 520-403-9952. You are not guaranteed participation in the program unless you register your school, and you must hold your school competition by February 15th.
- School competitions: If fewer than 15 students participate, select 1 student to represent your school at the branch competition. If 15 or more students participate, select 2 students. Please contact us if you are a new or very small school, as we will allow 1 student participant to represent your school if you have at least 3 competitors in your competition.
- Within one week of your school competition: Return School Winner Entry Forms 1 and 2, Photo Release Forms, and Monologue, in the required format. Send to: Jerry Helm: email@example.com. 8112 N. Midnight Way, Tucson AZ 85741; Jerry: 520-975-2437. February 20th is the deadline for all forms (Rodeo Vacation is February 22nd-23rd). If you are waiting on Photo Release Forms with parent signatures please send all other information by February 20th. We will create the order of performance using a random number generator.
- ESU National Shakespeare Competition: Tucson Branch on March 2nd, 2019 at 9:00 AM at the Marroney Theatre; The University of Arizona School of Theatre, Film & Television, Tucson, AZ 85719. The winner of your school competition must select one of Shakespeare's sonnets to recite in addition to their monologue. View Sonnet Rules and Eligibility and the 2019 Sonnet Packet online.