Andrew Romay New Immigrant Center
The Andrew Romay New Immigrant Center (ARNIC), is a program that helps recent immigrants participate fully in American society.
ARNIC members enjoy exclusive access to the Center's events and classes throughout the year, including:
- ENGLISH IN ACTION: one-on-one English conversation sessions
- WORKSHOPS: practical assistance for survival skills and work readiness
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE "TUNE-UP" CLASSES: pronunciation, writing, and business English
- ESL BOOTCAMP: three-week intensive English classes
- CULTURAL INTEREST PROGRAMS: supported by the ESU of New York City
- CITY AS LABORATORY: excursions and monthly field trips to sites in New York City and beyond
Who can apply?
Criteria for a FREE financial need-based first-year membership:
- NEW IMMIGRANT: US. Legal Permanent Resident for 2 years or less
- BASIC ENGLISH: ability to speak and understand basic English
- TIME COMMITMENT: able to dedicate at least 5 hours a week to Center's programs, events and activities
For more information:
For information on how to apply, please click here.
The English-Speaking Union is conveniently located near Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan. The Center's activities take place Monday through Saturday.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or call 212-818-1200 x 239.