Andrew Romay New Immigrant Center
The Andrew Romay New Immigrant Center (ARNIC), is a FREE program that helps recent immigrants participate fully in American society.
ARNIC members enjoy exclusive access to the Center's events and classes throughout the year, including:
- ENGLISH IN ACTION: one-to-one English conversation practice sessions
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE "TUNE-UP" CLASSES: short structured English classes at higher intermediate to advanced levels on various aspects of business English such as grammar, writing, reading and speaking
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE BOOT CAMP: three-week intensive English classes two times a year
- WORKSHOPS: training and information on practical issues like college applications, job search, medical insurance and other
- CULTURAL INTEREST PROGRAMS: cultural programs, networking events, excursions and field trips to museums, theater and sporting events.
Who can apply
Criteria for a FREE one-year membership:
- NEW IMMIGRANT: US. Lawful Permanent Resident (a "green card" holder) or asylee/refugee for 2 years or less*
- INTERMEDIATE ENGLISH: ability to speak and understand intermediate English
- TIME COMMITMENT: able to dedicate at least 5 hours a week to Center's programs, events and activities
- LOW-INCOME: no income or income less than $15,000/year per person
* Asylum-seekers may also qualify.
How to Apply
Prospective members need to attend an orientation session. There are upcoming sessions on:
- August 2017 (check back for dates).
Registration for the current season has been closed.
We are pre-registering new members for September 2017 season.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-818-1200 x 234 for more information.
The English-Speaking Union is conveniently located near Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan at 144 East 39th Street (between Lexington and 3rd Avenues).
The New Immigrant Center's activities take place Monday through Saturday.