Andrew Romay New Immigrant Center
The Andrew Romay New Immigrant Center (ARNIC), is a FREE program that helps recent immigrants participate fully in American society.
ARNIC members enjoy exclusive access to the Center's events and classes throughout the year, including:
- ENGLISH IN ACTION: one-to-one English conversation practice sessions
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE "TUNE-UP" CLASSES: short structured English classes at higher intermediate to advanced levels on various aspects of business English such as grammar, writing, reading and speaking
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE BOOT CAMP: three-week intensive English classes two times a year
- WORKSHOPS: training and information on practical issues like college applications, job search, medical insurance and other
- CULTURAL INTEREST PROGRAMS: cultural programs, networking events, excursions and field trips to museums, theater and sporting events.
Who can apply?
Criteria for a FREE one-year membership:
- NEW IMMIGRANT: US. Lawful Permanent Resident (a "green card" holder) or asylee/refugee for 2 years or less*
- INTERMEDIATE ENGLISH: ability to speak and understand intermediate English
- TIME COMMITMENT: able to dedicate at least 5 hours a week to Center's programs, events and activities
- LOW-INCOME: no income or income less than $15,000/year per person
* Asylum-seekers may also qualify.
For more information:
For information on how to apply, please click here.
The English-Speaking Union is conveniently located near Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan. The New Immigrant Center's activities take place Monday through Saturday.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 212-818-1200 x 239.