International Public Speaking Competition
IPSC showcases the very highest standard of public speaking by young people across the world.
The ESU International Public Speaking Competition brings together outstandingly articulate young people from all over the world for a week of public speaking competition and international cultural exchange in London. Under the auspices of the ESU of the Commonwealth, the finalist contestants meet and learn with their peers of different backgrounds and cultures from some 50 countries. Through all its qualifying levels, the program engages more than 40,000 young people globally.
Information about the 2015 IPSC will be available in early 2015.
Contestants deliver 5-minute prepared speeches on a pre-selected theme. They also answer questions from the judges and the audience related to their speech.
- Each participating country sends one student.The United States contestant receives an all-expenses paid trip to London for the Competition, May 12-16, 2014.
- This year the United States Qualifying Rounds will be held via YouTube and Skype. All submissions are due March 7, 2014. US Finals will be held on Thursday, March 13.
- 2014 IPSC National Theme: To Be Human is to Discuss
- Students must be 16 to 20 years old and a US National.
- Students must be able to participate in all Competition activities.
US National Qualifying Round
Instructions for Submitting a Video of Your Speech:
- Record your speech (in a waist-up shot).
- Name your video clip in this format:
YOUR NAME_Title of Speech
- Create a YouTube account at www.youtube.com
- Upload your complete video clip to YouTube
- Set the video to private and disable comments.
- Email email@example.com with your name, contact information, a link to the YouTube video clip and the full title of your speech. You will receive a confirmation email.
For more information about the ESU International Public Speaking Competition in London, please click here.