International Public Speaking Competition
IPSC showcases the very highest standard of public speaking by young people across the world.
The ESU International Public Speaking Competition brings together outstandingly articulate young people from all over the world for a week of public speaking competition and international cultural exchange in London. Under the auspices of the ESU of the Commonwealth, the finalist contestants meet and learn with their peers of different backgrounds and cultures from some 50 countries. Through all its qualifying levels, the program engages more than 40,000 young people globally.
Look for Competition information for 2014 this winter.
Contestants deliver 5-minute speeches on this a pre-selected theme. They also answer questions from the judges and the audience related to their speech.
- 2014 IPSC National Theme: TBA
- Each participating country sends one student. This year the United States qualifying competition will be held via YouTube and Skype. All submissions are due: TBA
- Students must be 16 to 20 years old and a US National.
- The United States contestant receives an all-expenses paid trip to London for the Competition in May.
Instructions for Submitting a Speech Video:
- Record your speech (in a waist-up shot).
- Name your video clip in this format:
YOUR NAME_Title of Speech
- Create a YouTube account at www.youtube.com
- Upload your complete video clip to YouTube
- Set the video to private and disable comments.
- Email email@example.com with your name, contact information, a link to the youtube video clip and the full title and an outline of your speech. Note: Do not include full transcript of your speech.
For more information about the ESU International Public Speaking Competition in London, please Click Here