Weekly Programs from June 30 – August 17, 2024
A one-week, educational trip, Tlab for Lifelong Learners offers ESU Branch members and other people from around the world the opportunity to live and learn in Oxford, England. Study a range of subjects in the humanities and social sciences including archaeology, history, philosophy, history of art and creative writing
The Oxford Experience offers the chance to live and study for a week:
- at Christ Church, the 16th Century Oxford college built by Cardinal Wolsey and one of Oxford University’s most impressive and beautiful colleges
- in seminar groups of 12 students taught by experienced tutors each weekday morning
- with afternoons free for course-related field trips, individual study and time to explore Oxford independently
- with privileged access to many areas of the college closed to the general public
- with invitations to receptions, to dine at “High Table” and a final gala dinner
- enjoy a wide-ranging and lively social program
The Oxford Experience 2024 Program of Courses is available to view online at: www.conted.ox.ac.uk/about/oxford-experience.
Courses are already filling! To register, please complete the attached Oxford Experience 2024 Enrolment Form & email to the ESU at email@example.com
During your course you will stay in typical Oxford student accommodation at Christ Church, in buildings which range from the 18th to the 20th century. The course fee includes breakfasts Monday-Saturday, lunches Sunday-Friday, and 3-course dinners Sunday-Friday. All meals are taken in Christ Church’s spectacular dining hall.
Please note that bedrooms are modestly-furnished and do not have air-conditioning. Photographs of example rooms can be found at: www.chch.ox.ac.uk/chch-rooms.
The following types of accommodation are available:
- Single en suite
- Double en suite
- Twin en suite
- Twin set’ standard
En suite rooms include private bathroom facilities (shower, washbasin and toilet). ‘Twin set’ standard rooms comprise two separate single standard rooms, each with a washbasin and shaver point only, opening onto a private sitting room. Bathroom facilities are shared with other rooms. All twin, twin set and double rooms are shared between participants that apply to the programme together, and cannot be booked by individuals.
Please note that Christ Church rooms do not have lift access, and the higher rooms can be located up a few flights of stairs. If you need a room on a ground or lower floor please indicate this either online or on your enrolment form
We regret that Christ Church is unable to offer accommodation prior to or following your course. Additionally, family or friends who are not enrolled in the program cannot be accommodated in college.
Participants attending multiple weeks
The Oxford Experience welcomes participants who want to attend multiple courses over a number of weeks. Resident participants staying in Christ Church for consecutive weeks will be offered a standard overnight rate for the Saturday night between their courses.
This extended stay fee is $115 per person, per Saturday. An invoice will be emailed to participants alongside confirmation of their enrolment. Please note that Saturday lunch and dinner and Sunday breakfast are not provided, however we are happy to make recommendations for alternative places to eat in Oxford.
FEES AND SUPPLEMENTS
All fees are charged on a per week, per person basis.
- Single en suite accommodation and all meals: $2,900
- Double en suite accommodation and all meals: $2,800
- Twin en suite accommodation and all meals: $2,700
- Twin set standard accommodation and all meals: $2,700
- Non-residential, including lunch and dinner: $2000
- Extended stay fee: Participants staying multiple, consecutive weeks will be charged an additional $170 for the cost of the Saturday night between courses. An invoice will be emailed to participants alongside confirmation of their enrolment.
- Excursion fee where applicable: $25 -140. This fee is built into your course fees and will not require a separate payment. If your course includes a day-long excursion, you may need to make your own lunch arrangements.
- Course change administration fee: Please note that course transfers may be permitted in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the program administrator, up to 1 May 2024. In accordance with our Terms and Conditions, an administration fee of $75 will be charged.
- Any additional, optional ticketed activities, will be available for purchase later in the Spring. You will be emailed directly from Oxford with the chance to sign up and pay for the events and excursions as they become available (between $25 – $100).
Please be aware that all payments made via non-UK credit/debit cards and bank accounts are subject to the exchange rate on the day they are processed.
Please note there are no sources of scholarships available for applicants.
- Full payment in US dollars is due by credit/debit card or via check within 30 days of the Registration Date
Any questions please contact, Alice Uhl at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 212-818-1200, ext 212